- Up and Down by Oliver Jeffers - Well in principle and through my explanations this was a letter U book, but realistically the only "up" was on the cover. Besides flopping for letter usage we enjoyed the book. Cricket loves penguins, and the relationship between the penguin and the boy was cute.
- Stone Soup by Marcia Brown - I know you are probably think I've lost my mind, and well yes its out there some where, but I had to stretch to find U books. At least this book did actually include the word soup a lot, so there were actual "u"s in the story. Moving on, we both enjoyed the book. I think Cricket would have liked more colorful images, but she thought the story was silly and she stayed engaged.
- Behold the Bold Umbrellaphant: And Other Poems by Jack Prelutsky - See my review and mini stART project here
- The Golden Egg Book by Margret Wise Brown - Cricket said she didn't like this story, because both the rabbit and the duck kicked and threw things as they were trying to figure out what the other was. I also thought it was odd that when the rabbit was picturing what might be in the egg they were all mammals. I did like that on each page or page spread the text and illustrations were within an egg.
- Henry and the Buccaneer Bunnies by Carolyn Crimi - This story was really cute and the illustrations were clever and attractive. Cricket said she liked all the "real" pirates, no surprise there. I liked Henry, the misfit, who loved to read and knew how to do all kinds of useful things because of his reading.
- Beauty and the Beast
- Let's Go to the Fire Station (Mickey & Friends)
- Gonzo and the Great Race (Jim Henson's Muppet Babies)
You should also see what others are reading this week at Mouse Grows Mouse Learns.